Saturday, October 10, 2009

De Bellis Antiquitatis

De Bellis Antiquitatis, or DBA for short, is a set of simple, fast play wargames rules for fighting ancient and medieval battles in miniature. I began playing WRG 6th Edition rules in the late 1980's, mainly with a large Anglo-Danish army, before taking a break. I came back to wargaming and modelling in search of something with a smaller template and quicker to play, not to mention less emphasis on list tinkering. I have found that in DBA. A rule set that I am also very interested in more recently is Impetus and Basic Impetus by Lorenzo Sartori. This promises to add a little bit more flavor to some of the armies which, under DBA, tend to be a little uni-dimentional. In terms of modelling and painting, I, like many, cut my teeth on 1/72 scale WW2, so although this blog will mainly focus on ancient and medieval wargames, other periods and genres will feature occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment